Augustiner Beer (Germany)
Since 1328 on Augustiner beer had been brewed within the monastery of the Augustinian Brotherhood near the cathedral of Munich. After nearly 500 years of tradition, the secularization in 1803 and the following privatisation led to a privately owned company: Augustiner Bräu. In 1817 it moved to the Neuhauser Straße, the very same place where the renowned “Stammhaus” still stands today. In 1829 the Wagner family took over the company and eventually moved it to the “Kellerareal” at the Landsberger Straße in 1885.